Post by: Mommy Carpio

This past weekend came and went, like it always does, very quickly.  I was looking forward to staying home and doing absolutely NOTHING.  I’m still extremely sleepy, and looking to take naps here and there when I can, because I can’t sleep through the night.  So, I figured I would take this weekend to catch up on my sleep, since I’ve been feeling so weak and run down.

On Friday, I was so glad to just stay home and watch tv.  I took a nap and then woke up at around 8 – boy, I wish I didn’t do that.  I didn’t fall asleep until 1:30am, and even then I forced myself just to go to sleep.  I figured it was okay, though, because I could just sleep in since it was Saturday the next day. 

Well, of course, since my body is used to getting up at 6:30, that’s when I woke up.  I tried to go back to sleep, but I already got up to pee and when I went back to lay down, I was wide awake.  I decided to get out of the bedroom and hang out with Roxy and watch some tv.  They were showing Jumanji on tv, so I watched that for a little bit but then I got bored of it.  I ate breakfast, and then I climbed back into bed with Ed and Roxy at around 9:30 am.  We lounged around there a little before getting up.  At around 11:00am my brother called and said he that Caitie and Christian were at his house and he was gonna take us all to Island’s for lunch.  They got to our place at around 1:30, and I had just gotten up from one of many naps LOL (didn’t I just wake up??).

You know, after naps, I feel a little better – but not good enough.  I feel nauseous all day.  My friend Cherisse suggested I check into switching out the prenatal pills I’m taking, because when she was pergnant with Alyssa, she was sick up until she was 7 1/2 months when she switched out her pills – and bam, she was all better!

I ate a bbq chicken salad at islands – it was good.  I find salads to be so good, especially during this heat.  After lunch, we went to Target, where we bought new toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, and floss.  There’s such a thing called “Pregnancy Gingivitis” and I don’t want to get that.  But the thing is, my saliva production has increased like crazy – I feel like my mouth is constantly watering, and it doesn’t make for very fresh breath in the morning, so now I’m being very vigilant about my teeth and overall mouth health, ’cause I don’t want bleeding gums!

After we got home from Target, John, Cathrine and the kids went home, and we went home too.  They were going to go to Boomer’s to play video games and mini golf, but I was too tired to join them.  I feel like I’m pushing myself too much, and that can’t be a good thing.  So, we went home so I could sleep.  I fell asleep at around 3:30, and woke up at around 4:00pm.  Not very long at all, but I felt okay.  I played with Roxy a little bit and then I fell asleep AGAIN at around 5:00pm.  This time, I guess I was only asleep for like 10-15 minutes, but it felt like I had been asleep for years!  And you know when that happens, you feel pretty crappy right after you wake up.  Stupid dog outside interrupted my sleep!

I was cranky after that – I stayed laying in bed, and Ed came to check on me to see what was wrong.  I felt like crying for some reason.  I think it was out of frustration – I didn’t want to be laying in bed doing nothing, but at the same time, I was too tired to do anything.  Something else is on my mind, too – I keep thinking about how when the doctor measured the baby, she was only .40 cm – indicating that she was 6 weeks and 1 day.  According to my period, she should be 6 weeks and 3 days.  She said we weren’t gonna worry about a 3 day difference, but I think that is what is frustrating me – that I feel like she isn’t growing enough.  LOL, lame huh?  I’m sure I’ll feel better when I see how much she’s grown at our next appointment.  Still, that thought is always in the back of my head.  So, I try to concentrate on getting more rest, but I think the more I concentrate, the more trouble I have.  I told Ed I feel like I’m trapped in a box and I didn’t want to feel like that, especially since towards the end of the pregnancy all I will be able to do is sit at home.

So, the next day, we went to church, and then we went to my parent’s house.  I read that if I’m having trouble sleeping, then I need to be doing more during the day to wear me out (and that’s not just good if you’re pregnant – it’s good advice for anyone).  Well, my parents have a giganticly refreshing pool, so we went over there to swim.  I “ran” back and forth from one side of the pool to the other, while Ed and Cathrine just swam around.  It felt really good!  By the time we left there at around 5pm, I was ready to go to sleep.  I tried to make sure that I didn’t take a nap too close to bedtime, and not for too long, so I went to sleep as soon as we got home.  Ed woke me up at around 7pm to eat dinner, and then we watched a little tv, and I went to sleep at about 10pm. 

Let me tell you, that was probably the best sleep I’ve had in the last two months.  I wasn’t sore, but my muscles felt tired, and I didn’t want to get out of bed, but I felt good this morning. 

This afternoon, I think I’ll take Roxy for a bike ride.  Maybe that’ll help me sleep better tonight 🙂