Post by: Mommy Carpio

I still can’t believe it – I’m pregnant! This is such a blessing from God – Ed and I are so excited!

It all started yesterday, June 7th…

For the past two days, I have been so tired. No, not tired…EXHAUSTED – and with little reason to be (I sit behind a desk all day, for goodness sakes!). As soon as Ed and I would get home from work, I would just want to sit in our TV room and not do anything. Ed made us dinner, and I was literally falling asleep while I was eating because I was so tired. I felt bad that I wasn’t spending time with him, but I really couldn’t take it – so I would go to bed around 6pm. Then, I would wake up at around 9pm, and I would talk to Ed, read a little, play with Roxy, but I’d be ready to sleep again at around 10:30pm.

I figured it was just my monthly visitor starting to make it’s presence known – after all, this is how I usually get – sleepy, hungry, crampy – and I was having it all. But this time, there was just something different. I can usually tell when it’s about to come, but I never felt like it was going to come this time. Also, it was due on the 4th, and it was now the the 7th.

Soooo, back to yesterday… at lunch, my plan was to walk across the street to Target to get a pregnancy test, but I ended up going out to lunch with some friends from work. I thought, no biggie, I’ll just go later on my second break. Well, that afternoon at work was crazy busy, and before I knew it, I missed my break at 2:00pm and it was already 3:00pm, and Ed would be here at 4:00pm to pick me up. So, I set my status at work to “Away” and rushed to Target. I bought the ClearBlue Easy test, just because it was cheap, and I also bought a pack of gum, because I felt weird just buying a pregnancy test haha.

I walked back across the street and used the bathroom on the first floor because it was right there, and it’s a lot cleaner than our bathroom on the third floor.

And this is where our lives changed forever…

First of all, I gotta say that the commercial for the ClearBlue easy test is true – it is the most sophisticated thing you will ever pee on! This test shows you an hourglass and says either “Pregnant” or “Not Pregnant”. When it finally showed something, I was scared to look. I had set it down on the toilet paper holder and glanced at it – and only saw one word. Then I picked it up and I couldn’t believe it – PREGNANT!! I squealed a few times to myself, and almost started to cry, but I held it in. I couldn’t believe it. I headed back up to my desk, totally brimming with happiness.

I wanted to yell it out to everyone – “I’m PREGNANT!!”, but I held back. Why should a room full of my coworkers (even though I think they’re great) know about me being pregnant before my own husband! hehe

I had the best afternoon, just waiting for Ed. He was half an hour late though, but that was okay, because it gave me time to think about how I was going to tell him the good news.

When he finally showed up, I was nervous and laughing and giggling about everything he said, but I decided to wait until we got home to tell him (fortunately, we only live 2 minutes away, so I didn’t have to wait long). My plan was, when we walked in the door together, I was gonna turn around to him and say “Oh I bought you something from Target today” and show him the test. But when we parked, Ed told me to go on in, because he was gonna reset something on my car. I kept trying to get him to come inside, but he said he needed to do this. So I was like “Fine, see you inside”. When he finally came in, I was playing with Roxy and he went to the bathroom. I had hung my purse on the dining room table with the test in it. When he came out, I called him over and told him I bought him something from Target. He said “Oh cool, what is it?”. Then I handed him the test, and the look on his face was so priceless. He immediately blurted out “Seriously?” and I said “Yes!!” and he was like “Are you serious?” and again I said yes! Then I threw my arms around him and we hugged for a good few minutes. The thing I most remember about this moment is that right when we hugged, the song “Ribbon in the Sky” by Stevie Wonder started to play on the Ipod that we leave on random all day for Roxy. You know the words: “Oh so long for this night I prayed/That a star would guide you my way/To share with me this special day/Where a ribbon’s in the sky for our love…”. How perfect was it for that song to come up!!

Anyway, Ed started in with the whole doting on me thing. He is so wonderful. I dunno, after finding out I was pregnant, it’s like I started to really feel pregnant – but not really – I’m not making any sense! But I looked up online the symptoms of early pregnancy, and it mentioned extreme fatigue and cramps similar to menstruation cramps – and I have both of those. It also mentioned frequent urination, and boy do I have that! I woke up 6 times last night!

Last night, while laying in bed, we started discussing baby names already. I know, we have a long ways to go before thinking about that, but hey! We’re excited.

I wish I could tell everyone about this wonderful blessing already, but we feel that our families should be the first to know (we’re going to tell them this weekend) and then we will tell our friends.

On a side note, I just made my first doctor’s appointment for a Pre-Natal exam. It’s scheduled for June 21st, and I’m told is quite invasive. Wish me luck!